As a friend and supporter of the Foundation, we want to share some exciting news! On May 25, 2022, the Mequon Community Foundation is changing its name to the Mequon-Thiensville Community Foundation. Our website address will change from mtcfgives.org to mtcfgives.org and the email will change to firstname.lastname@example.org – but our address, phone number, and core mission will remain the same.
This change is a natural evolution for our 22-year-old foundation and makes sense for several reasons:
- The majority of our grants benefit residents of both communities. Examples include the Historical Society, the Frank L. Weyenberg Library, the Mequon Nature Preserve, River Barn Park, the Jonathan Clark House, and other parks and recreational areas.
- Adding residents of Thiensville to our Board and committees will help us make more informed, more collaborative decisions to enhance the quality of life in both communities.
- The change reinforces and furthers the collaboration and camaraderie between Mequon and Thiensville, as most recently evidenced by the Gateway entrance sign to the town center of Mequon-Thiensville.
If you have any questions, our board would love to speak with you. Feel free to contact any of our board members listed below. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Board of Directors of the (soon to be) Mequon-Thiensville Community Foundation
- Lori Lorenz, President – email@example.com
- Richard Janezic, Immediate Past President – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Button, Vice President – email@example.com
- Carey Bongard, Secretary – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brian Ertmer, Treasurer – email@example.com
- Jane Wierzba, Founding member and Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Gaskin, Director – email@example.com
- Jim Ott, Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa Shneyder, Director – email@example.com
- Tim Vertz, Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Help us continue to enhance our communities by supporting the great work of the Foundation in the following ways:
- Join us at our Pillars of the Community Signature Fundraising Luncheon, June 7th at Shully’s Watermark in Thiensville honoring Gregory (Sandy) Custer from 11:30am-1pm. Click to learn more.
- Learn more about MTCF’s projects. Click to learn more.
- Join our ever-growing group of legacy donors in our newly formed Legacy Club that recognizes all those who have given or pledged (now or in the future) $10,000 or more to our foundation. Click to learn more.
- Tell potential grantees to request a grant to enhance the quality of life in Mequon and Thiensville. Click to learn more.
- Show your support by donating today. Click to learn more.